- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Trout Cheesecake With Sweet And Sour Red Onions Recipe
|Roasted hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skins removed, minced|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick, At Room Temperature For Crust:)|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (24 Ounce)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , zest grated|
|Lime||1⁄2 , zest grated|
|Orange||1⁄2 , zest grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Flaked smoked trout/Other smoked fish||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Minced green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||4 Dash|
|For sweet and sour red onions|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red onions||2 Large, sliced and separated into rings|
|Brined capers||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6634 Calories from Fat 4403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 502 g771.7%
Saturated Fat 243.1 g1215.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2449.9 mg
Sodium 3746.7 mg156.1%
Total Carbohydrates 380 g126.8%
Dietary Fiber 32.3 g129.3%
Sugars 296.8 g
Protein 187 g373.2%
Vitamin A 324.7% Vitamin C 279.5%
Calcium 174% Iron 95.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To prepare the crust, grease a springform pan of 10-inches.
3) Mix the nuts with butter in bowl and firmly pat the nut-butter mix onto the prepared pan's bottom. Make sure it is even. Set aside.
4) To prepare the filling, in a large bowl place the cream cheese and beat it well with an electric mixer till it is creamy and soft.
5) On at a time, blend in the eggs carefully. Beat after each addition till blended well.
6) Add the flour, lemon, lime and orange zest, lemon juice and sour cream. Beat well.
7) Add the green onions, smoked trout, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Mix well.
8) Pour the cheese mix into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
9) Turn off the heat and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for another 60 minutes.
10) Allow to cool to room temperature and then cover. Chill overnight.
11) To prepare the sweet and sour onions, in a saucepan, mix the vinegar and sugar.
12) Place oven medium flame and cook for about 5 minutes.
13) In a bowl,place the capers and onion and pour the heated vinegar mix all over it. Allow to stand at room temperature, occasionally stirring, for 3 to 4 hours.
14) Cut the cheesecake into thin slices and serve with the onions alongside as a relish.