- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked then Fried Chicken (On The BGE) Recipe Video
|All pupose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Paprika powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken||3 Pound, cut up into 10 pieces (Fryer chicken)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.1 mg
Sodium 847 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 45.5% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare your smoker with the coals and wood chips.
2. In the mean time, trim excess skin from chicken pieces and season them with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Once you have your smoker flared up, place the grilling rack. Arrange the chicken pieces on it.
4. Cover and smoke the chicken for 2 hours or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees.
5. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and paprika. Stir to mix and keep aside to bread the chicken.
6. In a large bowl combine buttermilk and eggs and whisk to blend. When the chicken is smoked, submerge them in this mixture.
7. Preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer or large pot to 400 degrees F. Place a tray lined with paper towels next to it.
8. In the meantime, dredge the buttermilk soaked smoked chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
9. Deep fry the chicken in the hot oil until brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
10. Serve the smoked then fried chicken hot and crispy with your favorite dipping sauce and salad sides.