- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Spare Ribs with Homemade Dry Rub Recipe Video
|For dry rub|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground all spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne peper/Chili powder||2 Teaspoon (1-2)|
|Spare ribs||2 Pound (1 rack)|
|Apple cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 1371.1 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Mix well, and set aside.
2. On a plate, place spare ribs, pull and remove silver skin attached on the back.
3. Cover rib with mustard. Rub to spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle dry rub liberally on it, and place it in refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight.
5. Remove ribs from refrigerator 5 minutes before cooking.
6. Place spare ribs, on middle rack of grill, and smoke for 4-5 minutes.
7. Flip, and baste it with vinegar and olive oil mixture. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip, repeat and cook for 4 hours or until meat falls off the bone.
8. Serve smoked rib hot with spicy sauce.