- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Salmon Quiche with Potato Pastry Recipe
|Smoked salmon||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter Or 2/3 Cup)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chopped dill||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Bottled capers||30 Milliliter, drained (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Potato||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram)|
|All purpose flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram)|
|Egg||1⁄2 , beaten (For The Pastry)|
|Chilled water||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3747 Calories from Fat 2359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.9%
Saturated Fat 73.6 g368.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1695.7 mg
Sodium 3604.8 mg150.2%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 129 g257.1%
Vitamin A 165.3% Vitamin C 101.3%
Calcium 51.2% Iron 128.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the flour in a large bowl and rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Beat in the potatoes and egg. Bring the mixture together, adding chilled water if needed.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a deep 23cm/ 9in round, loose-based, fluted flan tin (quiche pan). Chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6 with a heavy baking sheet placed in it. To make the filling, roughly chop the smoked salmon into bitesize pieces and set aside.
5. Using a wooden spoon, beat the eggs, milk and cream in a bowl. Stir in the chopped dill and capers and season with pepper. Add the chopped salmon and stir to combine.
6. Remove the pastry case from the refrigerator, prick the base well with a fork and pour the salmon mixture into it. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the filling is just set and the crust is golden brown. Serve warm with mixed salad leaves and some dill.