- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Salmon Pancakes with Pesto Recipe
|Skimmed milk||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (115 Grams Or 1 Cup)|
|Pesto sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Creme fraiche||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter Or 7/8 Cup)|
|Smoked salmon||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Pine nuts||15 Milliliter, toasted (1 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Basil sprig||16 (For Garnish)|
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.7 mg
Sodium 1442.3 mg60.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 30% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the remainder of the milk and stir until evenly blended.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Spoon the pancake mixture into the heated oil in small heaps. Allow about 30 seconds for the pancakes to rise, then turn and cook briefly on the other side. Continue cooking the pancakes in batches until all the batter is used up.
4. Arrange the pancakes on a serving plate and top each one with a spoonful of crime fraiche.
5. Cut the salmon into 1 cm / 1/2 in strips and place on top of each pancake.
6. Scatter each pancake with pine nuts and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil before serving.