- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Salmon & Courgette Quiche Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Courgettes||2 Medium, trimmed and sliced|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Smoked salmon pieces||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Milk||10 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Gruyere cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2606 Calories from Fat 1404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245.1%
Saturated Fat 92.3 g461.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 846.5 mg
Sodium 1878.5 mg78.3%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g70.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 87 g174.1%
Vitamin A 111.6% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 136.6% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the flour in a bowl and rub in the remaining butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add sufficient cold water to give a firm manageable dough, then roll out and use to line 10in / 25cm flan dish. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans.
3. Cook the pastry on the low rack on Combination 1 for 10-13 min. Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 min.
4. Arrange the courgette slices in the pastry case, reserving a few for garnish. Scatter the smoked salmon pieces over the courgettes.
5. Beat together the eggs and milk with a little salt and pepper. Pour into the flan case and top with the grated cheese. Arrange the remaining courgette slices on the flan.
6. Cook on the low rack on Combination 2 for 30-35 min, until lightly browned and set.