- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Salmon: The Quintessential New York Breakfast Recipe Video
|Salt||2 Pound (Curing and salt is washed away)|
|Seasoning mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg
Sodium 1193.7 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needsmoker
1. In a large bowl combine the salt, sugar, seasoning mix and the seasoned pepper.
2. Place the salmon fillets in a tray and cover the salmon fillet with the salt mixture.
3. Leave it to cure in the refrigerator for two days.
4. Once all the moisture is absorbed from the salmon fillet.
5. Rinse and get rid of all the salt from the fish.
6. Place the salmon fillet on the smokers rack and smoke it for couple of hours.
7. Once done thinly slice them.
8. Serve the smoked salmon along with your fresh salad.