- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Pork with Honey Glaze Recipe
|Smoked pork shoulder roll||4 Pound|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Granny smith apples||2|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4198 Calories from Fat 2424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 270 g415.3%
Saturated Fat 107.8 g538.9%
Trans Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 1246 mg
Sodium 1121.7 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 102.8 g
Protein 317 g633.8%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 114.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Five minutes before the pork is fully cooked, peel, core and slice apples into 1/4 inch thick rings.
3) In a large kettle, place the pork in and cover with cold water.
4) Bring to a boil and remove any scum.
5) Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
6) Remove pork from pan, allow to cool slightly, then cut off any rind.
7) Using a sharp knife, score fat in a lattice pattern and put a clove in the center of each "diamond."
8) In a roasting pan, put the pork.
9) In a small saucepan, gently heat honey and sugar until melted.
10) Brush over the surface of the pork.
11) Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, basting from time to time.
12) Take care not to let the glaze burn.
13) Melt butter in a skillet and fry the apple rings on both sides until lightly golden and tender.
14) Sorround a serving dish with fried apple rings and serve pork in it.