- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Mackerel Pate Recipe
|Bread loaf||3 Large|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Mayonnaise||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted (100 Grams)|
Calories 1473 Calories from Fat 465
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66 mg22%
Sodium 2425.8 mg101.1%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard the bread crusts, and break into pieces.
2) In a basin, place the bread pieces and pour in milk.
3) With a fork, mash the bread.
4) Discard the skin and bone from the mackerel. With a fork, flake the fish.
5) Scrub the lemon and finely grate the rind.
6) In a bowl, squeeze out the lemon juice.
7) Add the bread and mix well.
8) In a separate bowl, beat in cream cheese, mayonnaise and butter.
9) Add this mixture into the bread mixture along with the mackerel.
10) Adjust the seasoning of salt and pepper, according to taste.
11) Use individual pots or a souffle dish, or mould in foil tartlet cases, to press the mixture.
12) Place inside frozen zone to freeze.
13) Remove the pates and pack in foil.
14) Garnish with lemon and serve with hot toast and butter.