- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Mackerel Pate Recipe
|Smoked mackerel||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated and juiced|
|Creamed horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.2%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.3 mg
Sodium 146.6 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the skin of the fish and turn into flakes.
2) In a food processor or liquidizer, process the fish flakes.
3) Gradually mix the butter in fish mince along with lemon juice, rind and horseradish.
4) Season the mixture to taste.
5) Into samll bowls, pile the mixture and keep to chill.
6) Serve the pate into bowls with biscuits on the side.
7) It can either be served over the biscuits, Melba toast or cheese straws as canapes.
8) If serving canapes, garnish with cucumber and lemon twists.