- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Haddock Souffle Recipe
|Smoked haddock fillet||3⁄4 Pound|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1767 Calories from Fat 946
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g165.2%
Saturated Fat 56.8 g283.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1061.8 mg
Sodium 885.8 mg36.9%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.9%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 125 g250.3%
Vitamin A 465.3% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 89% Iron 63.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and dry haddock fillet. Pat it dry with paper towels.
2) Preheat oven at 400°F
3) Place the fillets in a large shallow pan. Add milk with 1 tablespoon of water.
4) Boil and take off from heat.
5) With a spoon, take out the fish and cool slightly. Separate the cooking liquid.
6) Flake flesh of the haddock into a mixing bowl finely with a fork.
7) In a small pan melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Stir in flour.
8) Gently add haddock liquid and stir.
9) Place the pan on heat and simmer stirring till sauce thickens.
10) Add lemon rind, cheese, and cayenne. Add the haddock.
11) Separate eggs and blend in eggs with the mixture.
12) Beat egg whites till dry. Fold into fish mixture.
13) Grease 1 1/2-2 pint prepared souffle dish or 6 small souffle dishes.
14) Sprinkle chopped parsley into it.
15) Transfer haddock mixture into the dish.
16) Bake in oven for 30 minutes till golden.
17) Serve with buttered potatoes and green vegetable as main course.