- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Haddock Pate Recipe
|Haddock fillet||3⁄4 Pound, smoked|
|Smoked haddock fillets||3⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 deciliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2158 Calories from Fat 1706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 190 g292.7%
Saturated Fat 59.9 g299.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.2 mg
Sodium 1476.6 mg61.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.3%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 419.6% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet poach haddock fillet in boiling water covering it for 10 minutes.
2) Drain, remove the skin of the fish and flake it.
3) In a bowl add the mish and melted butter. Mash together.
4) Force through a sieve or blend in an electric blender to puree.
5) Add the whipped cream to the fish and mix together.
6) Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning to taste.
7) Spoon mixture into small serving pot and chill for several hours.
8) Cover with melted butter and keep in refrigerator to set.
9) Serve as a spread on canapes or cocktail biscuits.
10) Alternately pass with hot toast and butter.