- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Haddock Beignets Recipe Video
|Haddock||200 Gram, smoked|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Paprika pepper||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rocket lettuce leaves||6 Medium (to make a handful when combined with watercress)|
|Watercress||6 Medium (to make a handful when combined with rocket lettuce leaves)|
|French dressing||4 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Choux pastry mix||100 Gram|
Calories 2495 Calories from Fat 2258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.5%
Saturated Fat 38.4 g191.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 528.5 mg
Sodium 5190.3 mg216.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 38 g76.1%
Vitamin A 119.8% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and finely chop the shallot.
2. Pour the milk into a saucepan and, add the chopped shallot, bay leaf and peppercorns and lower in the smoked haddock.
3. Place the saucepan on the hob and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
5. Using a fish slice, carefully remove the fish from the pan and place on a plate to cool.
6. When the fish is cool enough to handle, flake the haddock between your fingers, removing any skin and bones.
7. Place in a clean bowl, cover with cling film and store in the fridge until required.
8. Make the choux pastry.
9. Gently mix the flaked haddock into the choux pastry mix.
10. Season to taste with sea salt and paprika pepper.
11. Wash and dry the rocket leaves and watercress and mix together.
12. Make a little french dressing.
13. In a large pan or wok heat the oil to about 170 degrees.
14. When the oil has reached temperature, using two dessert spoons, carefully and neatly quenelle the mixture and drop it into the hot oil.
15. Deep fry the smoked haddock for about 5 minutes, turning from time to time, until the choux pastry mixture is well puffed up and golden in color.
16. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the smoked haddock beignets from the oil and drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
17. Poach the eggs lightly in another saucepan.
18. Lightly dress the rocket leaves and watercress with a little French dressing and neatly pile onto the centre of warmed plates.
19. Arrange the smoked haddock beignets around the rocket leaves and place a lovely soft poached egg or two on the top of the rocket.
20. Lightly dust the smoked haddock beignets with a little more paprika pepper and serve immediately.