- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Gouda Jalapeno Poppers Recipe Video
|Applewood bacon||3 Medium (thick strips, cut into ½ inch lardons)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredd (smoked Gouda cheese)|
|Jalapenos||6 , halved and deseeded|
|Panko breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.3 mg32.4%
Sodium 426.4 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon pieces until crispy for about 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Gouda cheese, crispy bacon pieces and egg. Mix well with a fork until thoroughly combined.
4. Fill each jalapeno half with about 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture, then dip in the panko breadcrumbs.
5. Line a baking tray with foil and parchment paper. Transfer the stuffed jalapeno peppers onto the tray and bake for about 30-45 minutes, until the tops are nice and golden brown.
6. Serve the jalapeno poppers with ketchup.