- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Fish Trio Recipe
|Fillet||8 Ounce, skinned|
|Smoked mackerel fillet||8 Ounce, skinned|
|Smoked salmon||8 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce, melted|
|Double cream||6 Tablespoon (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Horseradish||1 Teaspoon, creamed|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste (1 Package)|
Calories 800 Calories from Fat 662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.6%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g150.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 492.5 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.94%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 33 g65.3%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1 lb (450 g) loaf tin and apply a little oil over it. Lay a cling film in it.
2) In a food processor, flake the trout. Mash with one third of the melted butter (about 6 tbsp), 2 tbsp cream, 1 tbsp lemon juice, horseradish and white pepper to taste.
3) Add the trout mixture over the prepared tin and with a spoon level the surface.
4) In the food processor, process the flaked mackerel with half the remaining butter, ltbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp cream, cottage cheese and with white pepper to taste.
5) Spoon evenly over the trout pate.
6) In the food processor, blend the smoked salmon with the remaining butter, 3 tbsp cream, 2 tbsp lemon juice, dill, white and cayenne pepper to taste.
7) Spoon evenly over the top of mackerel mixture.
8) Use cling film and cover the tin. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
9) Turn out thr trio pate onto a plate and cut into slices.
10) Serve with toasted bread, if you like.
These slices can be individually wrapped in cling film and frozen for up to 1 month.
Defrost as required, in the refrigerator.