- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Pompano Chalupas & Piñanerro Salsita Recipe Video
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Key lime||3 Medium|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon (or use an olive oil spray)|
|Hot chili pepper||2 Medium (habaneros)|
|For the pineapple salsa|
|Fresh pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into small cubes|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||5 Teaspoon, tough stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped or shredded|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Taco shell||8 Small|
Calories 1501 Calories from Fat 756
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.4%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 375 mg
Sodium 1061.1 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 143 g285.9%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 59.2%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the fish. Place them on a grilling tray
2. Using a sharp tipped knife, make two deep gashes over the length of each fish.
3. Squeeze lime juice over the fish to wash off the saltiness of the fish.
4. Season the fish with salt and pepper and rub or spray with olive oil.
5. Turn the fish and repeat steps 2-4.
6. Through the habaneros onto the tray along with the fish.
7. Fire up a charcoal barbecue grill with BBQrsDelight Savory Herb smoke pellets.
8. Cut the pineapple into small pieces and finely chop the red onion and fresh cilantro, keep everything in a small bowl.
9. Place the tray with the fish on the grill.
10. Shut the lid and let the fish smoke. Keep a close eye on them.
11. Flip the fish over and cook the other side until the fish flakes easily.
12. When done, allow to cool.
13. Mix the pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice in a bowl. Chop up the smoked habaneros and mix into the salsa.
14. Heat up the tortillas on a pan over the grill until nicely warmed up and crisp. You can flip them into a half shell and cook them to make tacos if you like
15. Flake the smoked fish into chunks.
16. Top the tostadas with the fish chunks and a bit of the spicy pineapple salsa.
17. Fold into half and enjoy!