- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Brisket with DW's Original BBQ Rub Recipe Video
|Brisket||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bbq rub||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)|
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 585
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g128.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.3 mg
Sodium 1024.9 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 63 g125.3%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSmoker
Butcher papers / foil
1. Generously spread the BBQ rub all over the brisket, on both sides.
2. Wrap well in a butcher paper and place in a ziplock bag. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
3. In a heated smoker (250 F - 270 F), place the brisket. Cover and let cook for a couple of hours.
4. After 2 hours, you may sprinkle some more of the rub over the top, if needed.
5. Place the brisket fat side down and let smoke for another 2 - 3 hours.
6. Once done, remove the brisket from the smoker, wrap in a butcher paper and place in a cooler and let rest for about 60 - 90 minutes.
7. Serve warm with a salad of your choice.