- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
WSM BBQ's Chicken - Bock & Brown Sugar Recipe Video
|Chicken||3 Pound (2 whole chickens, whole fryers with the skin)|
|Barbecue marinaade||1 Bottle (1 l)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114 mg
Sodium 891.8 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSmoker
1. Cut off all the fat from the body and neck openings as you want the cavity free and clear; remove the giblets and discard.
2. Marinate the chickens in the Bock & Brown Sugar marinade in a zip lock back. Allow at least 2 hours of soaking.
3. Fire up your Weber smoky mountain or any smoker and grill.
4. Fit the marinated chickens on stainless steel chicken cookers or you can use beer cans as well.
5. Slide the top of the beer can deep inside the chicken cavity (the bottom end). Lightly oil the exterior of the can with salad oil. If the opening is especially wide, a carrot or slice of potato can be slid in beside the can to seal off the cavity. Push until the can is almost fully inside the bird. The bottom of the can and the two legs bent slightly downward form a tripod which keeps the chicken upright on the grill.
6. Place them on the smoker rack, close lid and let them cook, slow and slow for 3 to 4 hours (depending on your heat source) or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife). Check the chicken every 30 minutes or so and brush on more of the marinade as needed. If the chicken is browning too fast, cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
7. When the chicken is done, remove from the grill and let the chicken cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
8. One chicken makes approximately 4 generous servings.
When removing the chicken from the grill, be especially careful as the aluminum can (and the liquid in it) will be very hot and you could burn yourself.