- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Small Mince Pies Recipe
|Self raising flour||1 Pound (5 Kilogram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Hard margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lard||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Mincemeat||1 1⁄2 Pound (3 Kilogram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1455 Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.9%
Saturated Fat 37.2 g186.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282.1 mg
Sodium 1638.1 mg68.3%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 42.9% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl add flour, butter, margarine and lard and rub till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2) Add egg yolk and milk and knead to a firm dough.
3) Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4) Take half dough and roll thinly.
5) Cut 35 circles in 7 cm (2 3/4 in.) in diameter.
6) Place in 35 tart tins.
7) Spread mincemeat on top.
8) Cut 35 circles from remaining dough in 5.75 cm (2 1/4 in.) in diameter. Place them as lids.
9) Wet to seal the edges of the dough circles.
10) Brush the pies with beaten egg white.
11) Sprinkle sugar on top.
12) Heat oven at 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6, for 20 minutes.
13) Bake till golden brown.
14) Cool in the tins.
15) Serve as a snack or side dish.
Freeze and store in plastic bags and use within 3 months. Before serving reheat in tins in moderately hot oven, 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6, for 25 minutes.