- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe Video
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barbecue rub||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turbinado sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 877 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 349.2 mg
Sodium 8973.9 mg373.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 116 g232.9%
Vitamin A 126% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix apple juice, salt, sugar and water.
2. Inject this mixture into the pork.
3. Rub mustard paste and barbecue rub over the pork.
4. Let the pork marinate for 12 hours.
5. Apply some more rub on the meat and let it sit for 30 minutes.
6. Place the pork in the smoker for about 4 hours.
7. Wrap the smoked pork in aluminum foil nicely.
8. Place it in a pan and put it back in the smoker for about 3-4 hours.
9. Shred and pull the pork before serving.
10. Add the reserved juice and barbecue rub to it. And serve on buns or between bread slices with bbq sauce or a cole slaw if you like.