- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Roasted Tomato and Pepper Ketchup Recipe Video
|Allegro tomatoes||2 Pound, roasted|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Maestro sweet bell peppers||6 , roasted and seeded|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Canola oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||6 , roughly chopped|
|Honey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2538 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 509.6 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 569 g189.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 526.4 g
Protein 15 g30.8%
Vitamin A 151.2% Vitamin C 227.9%
Calcium 24% Iron 49.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice 2 Allegro™ tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and slow roast at 275ºF for approximately 2 hours on a baking sheet, cut side up.
2. Roast Maestro™ peppers whole at 375ºF, for 30 minutes, peel and seed.
**Both steps can be done a day in advance.
3. In a large pot sauté onion in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add honey, red wine vinegar and tomato paste.
4. Stir to incorporate and add Allegro™ tomatoes and the Maestro™ peppers.
5. Simmer for an hour over low heat with a tight fitting lid.
6. After an hour, season with salt and cracked black pepper, purée in a blender and put into jars or containers in fridge.
7. Serve as a condiment for French fries, turkey burgers or hotdogs!