- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Stew Recipe
|Beef round roast/Beef roast||4 Pound, cubed|
|Carrots||3 , sliced|
|Onions||2 , cut into wedges|
|Potatoes||6 , cubed|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato juice||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned tomato wedges with juice||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 640.4 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 59 g117.9%
Vitamin A 97.3% Vitamin C 69.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With 1/3 cup of flour, salt and pepper, toss the beef cubes in a slow cooker.
2) Combine together all the vegetables except for the tomatoes and add to the meat.
3) Combine together the beef broth, 1/2 cup of water and brown sugar. Pour the mixture all over the vegetables and meat. Add the tomatoes and carefully stir the concoction.
4) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 10 to 14 hours or over high heat for 4 to 5 1/2 hours.
5) About 60 minutes prior to serving, mix togehter 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of flour to make a smooth paste.
6) Add the paste to the slow cooker and stir well. Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for the remaining time.
7) Serve hot.