- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe Video
|Pork shoulder roast||3 Pound (2-3)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||7 Gram (1 cube)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Celery rib||100 Gram, chop (1)|
|Rosemary sprig||1 (fresh)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|No salt seasoning||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 210.9 mg
Sodium 839 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 61 g121.5%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For marinade, in food processor, add celery, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Drop vinegar, no salt seasoning, and salt in it. Blend well.
3. Place pork on a plate, pour marinade on it, and rub to coat well. Allow it to rest for a couple of hours or until the meat comes to room temperature.
4. Place a skillet on medium high heat, pour olive oil and drop roast in it. Sear roast on both side.
5. In slow cooker pot, throw onion, and add roast. Pour remaining marinade, if any left on plate.
6. Add bouillon cube, seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
7. Pour Worcestershire sauce and water.
8. Cover it with lid, and cook on high setting for 6 hours.
9. Serve pot roast hot and enjoy.
You may use 1 ½ liters of chicken stock instead of bouillon cube and water.
Cover everything in pot with water leaving the top of roast.
Cook for 9 hours if using low setting.