- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crock Pot Pork and Sauerkraut Recipe Video
|Pork roast||4 Pound (1 shoulder or butt)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Apple||1 Medium, sliced (Optional)|
|Sauerkraut||2 Cup (32 tbs), with liquid|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced (Optional)|
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.7 mg
Sodium 588.5 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 55 g109.3%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the slow cooker pot, place the pork roast.
2) Season with caraway seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.
3) Cover the pork roast with sauerkraut, onion and apple.
4) Cook on High for 1 hour, then cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours. Internal temperature of the roast should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
5) Slice the pork roast and serve as desired.