- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crock Pot Pork and Sauerkraut Recipe Video
|Pork roast||4 Pound (1 shoulder or butt)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Apple||1 Medium, sliced (Optional)|
|Sauerkraut||2 Cup (32 tbs), with liquid|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced (Optional)|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 1495.6 mg62.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 74.5% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the slow cooker pot, place the pork roast.
2) Season with caraway seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.
3) Cover the pork roast with sauerkraut, onion and apple.
4) Cook on High for 1 hour, then cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours. Internal temperature of the roast should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
5) Slice the pork roast and serve as desired.