- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||10 Ounce, tomatoes (2 Can)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Pepper monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Tortillas||6 (Flour, 6-7 Inches In Diameter)|
|7 inch flour tortillas||6|
Calories 802 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.3 mg
Sodium 1734.4 mg72.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.7%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 55 g110.4%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 64.8% Iron 40.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet cook beef, onions, and green peppers until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain.
2) Stir in next 8 ingredients and boil.
3) Decrease heat.
4) Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Add the cheeses and combine.
6) In slow cooker, layer 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla, and about 1/3 cup cheese.
7) Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
8) Cook covered on Low for 5-7 hours until heated through.
9) While serving, with a spoon reach to bottom to get all the layers.
10) Alternately, invert onto large platter and cut into wedges.
11) Serve with sour cream and guacamole.