- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Schwartz Chicken Curry - Slow Cooker Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped into chunks|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped into chunks|
|Chicken thighs/Chicken breasts pieces||459 Gram (One pack of chicken thighs used)|
|Tomatoes||400 Gram (One 400 g tin chopped tomatoes used)|
|Chicken curry seasoning mix||33 Gram (One sachet)|
|Fresh spinach||175 Gram|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 95.3 mg
Sodium 630.5 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 28 g56.4%
Vitamin A 120.1% Vitamin C 157.9%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Slow cooker
1. Into the bottom of a slow cooker, add the chunks of onion, potatoes and pepper.
2. Put the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
3. Take the tomatoes into a bowl and empty the chicken curry mix into it. Mix well.
4. Pour this mixture on top of the chicken and mix everything well so that all the ingredients are well coated with the mix.
5. Cover and let cook for 8 hours on low heat or for 4 hours on high heat.
6. Once the curry is ready, add the spinach to it, stir, cover and let it steam in the cooker for about 4 - 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
7. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
8. Tastes best served with rice or naan bread and mango chutney.