- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili Recipe Video
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Black beans||46 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, rinsed (about 3 cans)|
|Chunky salsa||16 Ounce|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder/Paprika||2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (for garnish) (Optional)|
|Tomato||2 Tablespoon, diced (for garnish) (Optional)|
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg
Sodium 499.9 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.8 g151.1%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 64 g128.9%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 76.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a lightly greased slow cooker; place pork tenderloin, beans, salsa, broth, green pepper reserve little for garnish, onion, chilli powder, ground cumin, and oregano.
2. Stir to mix all the ingredients to combine.
3. Put the lid on and cook on low setting for 8 hours, or on high setting for 4 hours.
4. Remove the pork from cooker, place in a plate and using 2 fork shred pork and return to slow cooker and stir.
5. In a serving bowl, place the chilli and serve garnished with dollops of sour cream, diced tomatoes and reserve peppers.
This chilli can be garnished with jalapenos or it can also be made from beef instead of pork.