- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow-Cooker Barbacoa Recipe Video
|Chuck beef roast||4 Pound|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime||2 Medium, juiced|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||10 Gram, drained|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, grounded|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Colby jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Guacamole||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.1 mg
Sodium 930.4 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 64 g128.1%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 52.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large slow cooker, place roast and bay leaves.
2. In a food processor or blender, put together vinegar, lime juice, peppers, garlic and seasonings.
3. Process the blender on high speed until the vinegar mixture is smooth.
4. Stream vinegar mixture and broth all over roast.
5. Put the lid on and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, until roast is fork-tender.
6. Remove the chuck roast on a platter, discard the bay leaves and using 2 forks, shred beef and return to juices in slow cooker to keep warm.
7. Serve on bed of rice or on tortillas with desired toppings.
Barbacoa can also be served with lime cilantro rice or can be placed between buns and serves as sandwich.