- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow cooked Red Cabbage And Apples Recipe
|Red cabbage head||1 Small, washed, sliced coarsely|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Tart apples||3 , peeled, cored, quartered|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 695.6 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 338.3%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the cabbage, onions and lastly the apples.
2. In a cup, dissolve the salt and sugar in water then combine with vinegar.
3. Pour the liquid over the contents in the pot.
4. Dot with butter
5. Cover the pot with its lid
6. Slow cook the cabbage on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve the cabbage for dinner, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
7. Once cooked, stir to mix the ingredients and serve
8. Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use as a relish topping if you like.