- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooked Pork Chops Recipe
|Bermuda onions/Sweet onions||6 , peeled and thickly sliced|
|Chicken broth/1 cup water with steero chicken granules||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3422 Calories from Fat 1485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.3%
Saturated Fat 54.6 g273.1%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 1251 mg
Sodium 5380.3 mg224.2%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.7%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 385 g770.9%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 106.2%
Calcium 54.1% Iron 73.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) From the chops, trim the excess fat, if any.
2) Place a large skillet over high heat and melt down the fat. Discard bits of pork.
3) Reduce the heat to moderate and saute the onions in the fat till they are translucent. Try and keep the rounds intact.
4) Transfer the onions to a bowl.
5) Increase the heat to moderate-highand brown all of the pork thoroughly on both sides. Ensure that the meat stays in the skillet just long enough to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6) Salt and pepper the pork and transfer it to a bowl.
7) Turn the heat under the skillet off and add broth to the skillet. Scrape up the pan juice.
8) In a slow cooker, layer the pork and onions, starting and ending with the onions.
9) Pour the borth all over the layers.
10) Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
11) Transfer the hot Slow Cooked Pork Chops to a serving plate and serve while still piping hot. Makes a delectable main course dish.