- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cook Pork Roast and Shredded Pork Chili Recipe Video
|Pork butt||3 Pound, boneless|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, cut|
|Steak sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rotel tomatoes/Canned diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Optional)|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Optional)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon, ground (Optional)|
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg
Sodium 1524.9 mg63.5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 62 g123.8%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 20% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pork Roast : In a crock pot, add the onion at the bottom, then chop the celery into 1/2-inch pieces and add into the crock pot.
2) Add the pork, chicken broth, salt, sage, garlic powder, tomatoes and steak sauce.
3) Cover the lid and cook on high for about 6 hours. Then reduce to low and cook for another 1 hour.
4) Shredded Pork Chili : To make shredded pork chili, add the kidney beans, black beans, cumin and chili powder halfway through the cooking.
5) Top with sour cream and cheese before serving.
6) Spoon the Pork Roast or Shredded Pork Chili over rice and serve.