- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cook Navy Beans with Ham Steak Recipe Video
|Dried navy beans||1 Pound|
|Smoked ham steak||1 , pre-cooked - bone-in okay - found in the meat case cut into pieces|
|Bell peppers||1 Large, diced (Green And Red Work Great)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2251 Calories from Fat 605
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1559.6 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 298 g99.4%
Dietary Fiber 116.2 g464.9%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 127 g253.9%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 263.1%
Calcium 72.3% Iron 145.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) A night before cooking, rinse navy beans and clean them.
2) Take a Crockpot, add beans and cover with water. Cover with lid.
3) Soak overnight.
4) Drain the beans and reserve 1 ½ cups of water.
5) Add ham steak, diced peppers, onion, olive oil, and thyme. Mix well.
6) Cover the Crockpot and cook for about 8-10 hours or until beans are soft.
7) Adjust seasoning.
8) Serve the slow cooked navy beans with ham steak along with some corn bread or French loaf and green jello for dessert.