- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Baked Clotted Cream Rice Pudding Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Short grain pudding rice||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Full fat milk||16 Fluid Ounce (450 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||284 Milliliter (In A Pot)|
|Clotted cream||227 Gram (In A Tub)|
|Vanilla pod||1 (Use A Split Pod)|
|Golden caster sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 1956 Calories from Fat 1472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.1%
Saturated Fat 57 g284.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.1 mg
Sodium 96.8 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 57.7 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set your oven to preheat at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2) Use a shallow ovenproof dish to butter lightly.
3) Rinse rice with cold running water and drain.
4) In a pan, pour in milk and creams. Bring this to a boil by adding vanilla pod.
5) Carefully add rice and sugar and stir thoroughly.
6) Transfer this into the prepared ovenproof dish.
7) Sprinkle little grated nutmeg on top.
8) Add dots of butter
9) Place inside the heated oven.
10) Bake this for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven heat to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
11) Bake for another hour or so to make the pudding golden brown on top.
12) Serve the rice pudding with spoonfuls of raspberry jam or any fruit punch.