- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sloppy Toms Recipe
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat hamburger buns||4|
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 179.2 mg
Sodium 1164.4 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 57 g114.6%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 91.1%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use cooking spray to coat a large non-stick skillet.
2) Over moderate-high heat, place the skillet.
3) Add the ground turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook till the ingredients have browned. Keep stirring so that the turkey crumbles.
4) Drain properly.
5) Add the catsup, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper to the turkey mixture.
6) Cook the concoction over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
7) Among the hamburger buns, divide the preparation equally.
8) Serve as a snack or main dish with ketchup, mustard and other preferred condiments on the side.