- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slipped Coconut-Custard Pie Recipe
|Baked pie shell||1|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.2 mg
Sodium 250.4 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 9% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare, bake pie shell and let it cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
4. In medium bowl, with wire whisk or rotary beater, beat eggs slightly.
5. In a bowl beat adding 1 cup cream, the milk, 1 cup coconut, the granulated sugar, vanilla, coconut flavoring and salt until well mixed.
6. Pour into prepared pie plate.
7. Place in shallow pan and pour cold water to about 1/2 inch around pie plate.
8. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until silver knife inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Remove pan from water.
10. Let custard cool completely on wire rack and then refrigerate until well chilled for 5-6 hours or overnight.
11. Loosen custard from pie plate by carefully running a small spatula around edge and shaking plate gently.
12. Holding plate just above rim of baked shell, carefully slip custard into shell.
13. Whip remaining cream with confectioners' sugar and use to decorate edge of pie.
14. Sprinkle cream with remaining coconut and serve.