- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slim Pastry Cream Recipe
|Envelope of unflavored gelatin||1⁄2|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.8 mg
Sodium 166.7 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.9%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup skim milk.
3) In an airtight jar, shake 1/4 cup skim milk and cornstarch together, or whisk together until thoroughly blended.
4) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together until pale.
5) Then beat in the cornstarch mixture.
6) Pour hot skim milk in the top of a double boiler set over hot water.
7) Gradually whisk in egg yolk mixture, stir constantly and cook, until the custard is thickened.
8) Remove from heat, turn into a medium-size bowl and stir in the gelatin along with the vanilla extract. Allow to cool
9) Serve the Slim Pastry Cream over the Snow Pudding or use as required.