- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sliced Turkey by John Paffrath Recipe
|Cooked broccoli||1⁄2 Pound (Or Boiled)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry wine||1 2⁄3 Ounce|
|Turkey slice||4 (White Meat Pieces)|
|Cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.2 mg
Sodium 386.9 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Butter a large casserole or Dutch oven .
3. Arrange the broccoli in the casserole.
4. Scatter the cheese over the broccoli and pour the wine over it.
5. Arrange the turkey slices to top without overlapping them.
6. In a small bowl, combine the sherry, cream sauce and yolks, cream and seasonings. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
7. Pour the sauce over the turkey and cover the casserole with its lid.
8. Place in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes until golden and bubbly.
9. Serve the turkey straight out of the casserole taking it right to the table from the oven.