- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Sliced Steak With Crispy Polenta Recipe Video
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Polenta||16 Ounce, tube (cut into small slices)|
|Corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , chopped|
|Non stick cooking spray||4 Dash (for griddle, boiler and pan)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 821.5 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 29 g58.6%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat a griddle over medium high heat. Spray non stick spray over it.
2. Spread non stick spray on a broiler and preheat it.
3. Sprinkle salt and chili powder on both sides of the flank steak. Cook the steak on griddle until the thermometer inserted measures 145 F.
4. When the steak is done place it on a cutting board and let it stand for 5 minutes.
5. Put polenta pieces on the racks and cook them in the broiler for 2 minutes on each side.
6. In a pan, spray non stick spray and add red bell pepper, corn, onion and jalapeno. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
7. Cut the steak into 16 pieces.
8. Place three polenta pieces on a serving plate and place steak over it. Top with the vegetable mix and serve.