- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sliced Steak Recipe Video
|Rocket leaves||100 Gram|
|Cherry tomatoes||200 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.5%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 140 mg
Sodium 223.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw the meat out of the fridge at least an hour in advance; it must be at room temperature.
2. Heat a grill pan until very hot, sprinkle some coarse salt and put the meat on the fire. The meat is about 2-2 ½ inches thick and it should cook at least 5 minutes per side, the steak should be quite pink inside.
3. When the meat is ready, let it rest for at least 10 minutes, so that the juices distribute evenly.
4. Slice the meat, without piercing the surface.
5. Arrange the sliced steak on a bed of rocket, after that add the cherry tomatoes, which have been cut into quarters.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
7. Serve the steak along with a glass of red wine.