- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slice And Bake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick-cooking oats,||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6085 Calories from Fat 2533
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 291 g447%
Saturated Fat 63.1 g315.6%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 3521.6 mg146.7%
Total Carbohydrates 827 g275.8%
Dietary Fiber 47.3 g189.3%
Sugars 423.6 g
Protein 92 g184.4%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 50% Iron 127.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it to 375°F
2) Take a bowl and mix the flour together with salt and soda.
3) Keep it aside.
4) Mix the shortening with sugar and cream them together.
5) Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat them in.
6) Add it to the flour mixture and blend well.
7) Add the pecans and oats to it stirring them in.
8) Portion the dough into two shaping each into a roll measuring 12 X 2 inch.
9) Wrap the rolls in waxed paper.
10) Place them in refrigerator for the night.
11) Cut the dough slicing them into ¼ inch sized ones .
12) Take a cookie sheet and place them on the ungreased sheet.
13) Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until they turn light brown.
14) Cool the cookies completely by placing on a wire rack and serve as required.