- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Skillet Macaroni And Cheese Recipe Video
|Whole wheat macaroni||8 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||25 Gram|
|Fat free milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low fat cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.9 mg
Sodium 626.5 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook macaroni in water, drain and keep aside.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and melt it. Add flour, stir it a bit and add milk. Mix well and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Add cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Add macaroni into the mixture and mix well.
5. In a bowl, stir the Parmesan and breadcrumbs together. Spread this mixture over cheese and macaroni mixture.
6. Cook the macaroni in the broiler until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
7. Serve this Skillet Macaroni and Cheese hot.