- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skillet Green Tomatoes Recipe
|White cornmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unripened tomatoes||4 Medium (Firm)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||To Taste|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg
Sodium 979.1 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 55.7% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take medium bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, flour and cornmeal well.
2. Coat tomato slices with cornmeal mixture by dipping into it.
3. Take a 12-inch skillet and heat oil on medium heat.
4. Stir in tomatoes, allow to cook, turning halfway, for 4 minutes till both sides turn golden. Sprinkle seasoned salt and lemon-pepper seasoning on both sides.
5. Use paper towels to drain off excess oil.
6. Serve immediately.