- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skillet Chicken and Rice Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned, boned and halved|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced (1 package)|
|Sliced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory/Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine/Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked instant rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 363.4 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 210.2% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 11% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 3 inch strips.
2) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add chicken and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes or until it turns light brown in color.
3) Add all the other ingredients except rice and stir well.
4) Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables turn tender.
Add rice and cover. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
5) Spoon out on a platter and serve immediately.