- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skillet Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Pared all purpose potatoes||6 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Ground chicken||5 Ounce|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and chopped, liquid reserved (with liquid)|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.5 mg
Sodium 246.5 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 60.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
2) To the skillet, add the chicken and potatoes and cook over high heat, constantly stirring, till the chicken is light brown in color (about 2 minutes of cooking).
3) Put the chicken and potatoes on a plate and set aside.
4) Melt the butter in the same skillet, add the onion, carrot, bell pepper and garlic and sautÃ© over high heat, till the vegetables are tender-crsip (about 2 to 3 minutes of cooking).
5) Put the potato-chicken mixture back in the skillet and add the tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper Stir well to thoroughly combine.
6) Cook till the mixture starts to boil.
7) Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet, Gently simmer, occasionally stirring, till the flavors have blended and the potatoes are soft (about 10 minutes of cooking).
8) Put the preparation on a serving platter and serve hot.