- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skewered Lamb Recipe
|Lamb fillet||450 Gram, cut into 2.5 cm or 1 inch cubes (Around 1 pound)|
|Crushed peppercorns||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White wine||150 Milliliter (Around 0.25 Pint)|
|Oranges||1⁄2 , coarsely grated rind|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Pinch|
|Onions||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Onions||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Olive oils||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron strands||1 Pinch|
|Plain yogurt||2 Tablespoon (Unsweetened Variety)|
|Oranges||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 194.7 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade, and thread on to skewers.
3. Put the kebabs under a preheated grill and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile make the sauce. Fry the chopped onion in the olive oil for 3 minutes. Add the strained marinade and the saffron and bubble briskly for 1 minute.
5. Blend the egg yolk with the yogurt, orange juice and corn flour; add to the sauce and stir over a gentle heat until lightly thickened. Add a little artificial sweetener if necessary.
6. Serve the cooked kebabs accompanied by the sauce.