- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Skewered beef (산적) Recipe Video
|Korean crab sticks||5 (Each one cut into half and then all the hallves are cut into three groups of equal sizes)|
|Green onions||3 Medium (Cut into the same size as the crab sticks)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 3-inch pieces|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72 mg24%
Sodium 312 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTooth picks- 30 standard size
1. Chop the beef, onions and crab meat into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar, minced garlic, black pepper and sesame oil. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. Add the beef to it and mix well. Set it aside for sometime till the other ingredients are prepared.
3. In a heated pan, cook the marinated beef until the beef is completely cooked. Add 1 tablespoon of water to it and cook till the beef is done.
4. After all the ingredients are cut, take tooth picks and pierce in all vegetables one by one in the same order - green onion, crab, white part of green onion, beef and green onion. If you do not like crab then you can skip it and pierce the green onion and the beef alternatively in the tooth picks.
5. In a bowl break the eggs and beat, and in another bowl add flour. Coat the skewered vegetables and beef with the flour first and then the egg and fry in a hot greased pan till the egg coating turns golden brown in color.
6. Serve warm with your choice of sauces.