- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skewered Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and boned (2 In Number, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pared and coarsely chopped|
|Preserved kumquats||6 , halved|
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.9 mg11%
Sodium 195.5 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut small pieces of chicken, about 1-inch squares and keep aside in a shallow dish.
2. In a small skillet, brown sesame seed lightly over low heat.
3. In a blender container, put together sesame seed, soy sauce, garlic powder, sugar, vinegar, sherry, apple and water; cover and blend for 1 minute until mixture is smooth.
4. Add marinade to the chicken and mix well.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Adjust grill height at about 6 inches from prepared coals and place wire rack over grill.
7. On 12 small skewers, thread chicken pieces and kumquat half on each end.
8. Place the skewers over the grill; grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side; occasionally brush with marinade.
9. Serve with hot chili sauce.