- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasanjeok Recipe Video
|Sirloin steak||200 Gram ((7-8 oz))|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Asparagus spears||7 Medium|
|Green onion||7 Medium|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the batter)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the batter)|
|Vinegar||1 Tablespoon (for the dipping sauce)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg7.8%
Sodium 677.4 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut 1 large carrot into several strips 4 ½ inches long, ½ inch wide, and ½ inch thick.
2. Cut 6-7 stalks of asparagus (top leafy part) into 4½ inch long pieces.
3. Cut 6-7 stalks of green onions into 4½ inch long pieces.
4. Cut about 200 grams (7-8 oz) of sirloin steak into strips about 5½ inches long (13 cm), ½ inch wide (1.25 cm), and ½ inch thick (1.25 cm)
5. Tenderize by pounding the beef strips against the grain with the back of the blade of your kitchen knife.
6. Take a bowl and add the beef, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
7. Mix it with a spoon well and refrigerate it.
8. In a pot boil 4 cups of water and then add 1 teaspoon salt and blanch carrot strips, asparagus and white part of green onions for 1 minute with the lid closed.
Then strain the vegetables, rinse in cold water and drain.
9. Put green onions, carrot, asparagus, beef strips on the skewers.
Make batter by mixing ½ cup flour, ½ cup water, and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
10. On a heated non-stick pan drizzle some vegetable oil, dip each skewer into the batter and put it on the pan to cook controlling the heat so as not to burn the skewers.
11. About 1 minute later, turn over the skewers when the bottom part is light golden brown and cook for another minute. Cooking time should only be a few minutes because all hard ingredients are pre-cooked.
12. When the beef strips are cooked, the pancake is done,
To make Dipping Sauce:
13. In a cup mix 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar and ½ tablespoon chopped green onions.
14. Serve it as appetizers or a side dish along with the dipping sauce.