- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Skate with Tomatoes & Capers Recipe Video
|Wine vinegar||150 Milliliter|
|Low sodium salt||To Taste, divided|
|Skate wings||2 , prepared|
|Tomatoes||200 Gram, deseeded and quartered|
|Dry white wine||100 Milliliter|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg
Sodium 295.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, pour in 150 ml water, wine vinegar, thyme, bay leaves and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Add in the skate fish and cook for a few minutes.
3. In a saucepan, add in the butter and melt.
4. Add in the capers and stir for a few seconds.
5. Stir in the tomatoes and let it soften for 5 minutes.
6. Add in the chives and dry white wine. Squeeze the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
7. Place the fish in a serving plate and top with tomato sauce. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.