- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Six Week Bran Muffins Recipe
|Bran cereal flakes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9397 Calories from Fat 1964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g342.5%
Saturated Fat 123.3 g616.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg443.2%
Sodium 8671.2 mg361.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1756 g585.4%
Dietary Fiber 83.6 g334.4%
Sugars 944.8 g
Protein 171 g342%
Vitamin A 291.5% Vitamin C 280.7%
Calcium 205.1% Iron 885%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the muffin cups.
2) In a large bowl, put cereals and boiling water.
3) For few minutes let them stand.
4) In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars together until creamy.
5) Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
6) Add buttermilk and molasses.
7) Stir the egg mixture in cereal mixture.
8) In another bowl put flour, soda, baking powder, salt and raisins.
9) Mix together thoroughly.
10) Add to batter.
11) Mix well to combine.
12) Store in refrigerator.
13) It will keep for six weeks.
14) As required, fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
15) Bake at 400°F (200°C) in oven for 20-25 minutes.
16) Remove from the cups after 5 minutes.
17) Serve the muffins warm with coffee or tea.